Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The 6 Best Months Of My Life

So what could be better than your husband bringing you flowers for your six month wedding anniversary?



When he shows up with champagne too!


Ah, yes, I do love this man! Yesterday marked half a year of happy matrimony for us. And we both agree they've been the best six months of our lives! Maybe it has something to do with being crazy in love, maybe it is living in the tropical paradise of Brasil, maybe it is each of us being married to our best friend, or maybe it has to do with the champagne. ;) But, whatever it is, we are loving it! It sort of feels like we've been married way longer than 6 months, but it also seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle feeling all princess-like with my eyes focused on nothing other than this incredible man I was about to share the rest of my life with.
.
So today seems like an appropriate time for a recap of the Story of Us:
.
July 17, 2005 - We met at an agricultural engineering convention down in Tampa, Florida
.
July 18, 2005 - I noticed Eric (give me a break, there were 250+ guys and only about 12 girls, okay?)
.
July 20, 2005 - He returned to his job in Iowa, I returned to finish school in Georgia
.
August - May - Lots of trips between Iowa and Georgia along with a couple weekends in Kentucky (the mid-point) along with a whole lot more phone calls and emails
.
May 27, 2006 - I got a job and moved to Fort Madison, Iowa (18 miles from my sweetie!)
.
April 12, 2007 - Eric was offered the position in Brasil (the catch: must move this fall!)
.
April 14, 2007 - We go for an overnight trip to St Louis that I planned to celebrate his birthday. On the ride down, I unload my mind and tell him how excited I am for him about the Brasil opportunity. However, while I don't want him to marry me a day earlier than he wants to, there is no way I can move to another country without us being married. I tell him I plan to move back to Georgia when he goes to Brasil and will be happy to join him in Brasil if at some point he wants to get married. His response: complete silence and turning up the A/C, since he was pouring sweat now. (He swears I was the most pitiful little thing telling him all that and it took everything he had not to pull over and propose to me on the side of the road!) About 8 hours later, he proposes to me, just as he had been planning to do for 2 months (even before he knew about the Brasil opportunity!)
.
August 25, 2007 - Our wedding! Followed by a week in Jamaica.
.
October 6, 2007 - We move (temporarily) to Brasil
.
January 2, 2008 - After spending most of December back in the US to finalize our visas, we return to Brasil to the apartment we picked out in the fall.
.
February 25, 2007 - We celebrate 6 married months and all the adventures we've had since meeting two and a half years ago!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary you old married couple! Love you guys.
p.s. you know, walking down that aisle you have to admit you couldn't help but see that big fat pregnant lady out of the corner of your eye!